The purpose of these data is to effectively demonstrate how well Westcliff achieves its goals and objectives, which focus on enhancing the performance and the achievement of learning outcomes by students. As Westcliff has adopted a data-driven decision making culture, the data are extremely important.
The vision of the university’s Department of Institutional Research is to become globally recognized as a premier center of institutional data collection, interpretation, and analyses that result in enhanced university decision-making.
The strategic goals of the university’s Department of Institutional Research are to:
- Improve student learning and program quality through a systematic process of planning, evidence collection, reporting, analyses, and related actions
- Collaborate with other entities to develop a reliable data collection and reporting system
- Offer accurate, timely, unbiased and easily understood statistics and analyses to support institutional planning
- Further the university’s mission and major initiatives through the promotion of evidence-based and research-informed decision making
- Provide data for compliance, accreditation, and to inform the public
- Understand better the expectations, self-perceptions, and needs of the university’s students through the development and analyses of survey instruments
- Enhance the structure for and analyses of student learning assessments
- Coordinate the assessment of program reviews
- Coordinate the assessment of co-curricular activities
- Improve the use of technology in all assessments and analyses
- Promote university-wide the use of improved benchmarking for all analyses
- Facilitate implementation of all data management systems to maximize quality assurance